The session ran as follows:
Warm up row, plus skipping. I'm trying to get the hang of a double-under, but it's a lot harder than you would expect as you need to try and make your arms go faster whilst your legs stay the same. Sounds so simple, but for some reason I just couldn't get my head around it. Something to keep practising.
We then did a recap of all the moves I learnt last time with the barbell. Managed to finally get the hang of a couple of the moves I had been struggling with.
I then learnt how to do a thruster (I said in my last post that I had done this but I got it confused with a similar move). A thruster is basically a deep squat and press. You use this move with a lighter weight for conditioning circuits rather than for strength, so you do a lot of reps of it without rest, as opposed to low reps/high weight.
I then learnt various Kettle bell moves.
- Turkish get up
- Goblet squat
- Clean and jerk
- Repetition snatches
- Clean and press
- Double KB swing with 2x 8 KG
- Russian KB swing (to shoulder height) with 12 KG
- Standard KB swing both to shoulder height and above head with 12 KG
I'm going to make sure I always make a note of the weights I use so that I can easily track my progression. Within a month I want to have worked up to using 16 KG KB.
My 3rd work out was for 7 minutes. I had to repeat the following circuit for as many rounds as I could in those 7 minutes.
- 7 Russian KB swings (12 KG)
- 7 box jumps (bend down and jump up onto the box, then stand up straight at the top and jump back down)
- 7 wall balls (squat as deep as you can and then launch the ball up against the wall)
A great work out! I can't wait for my final session next week, because after I have completed that it means I can officially go to any Crossfit session that I want to as I would have learnt everything!